users@jax-rpc.java.net

wscompile error

From: Kevin Jones <kevinj_at_develop.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 17:00:38 +0100

I have a weird error. I'm trying to run wscompile from within Ant on Linux
with JDK 1.5 and I'm seeing a

com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not available in the classpath.

error.

I've added ${env.JAVA_HOME}/lib to the classpath (using an Ant fileset so it
picks up all the jar files in there), and if I look at the command line that
wscompile is using then /usr/java/jdk1.5.0/lib/tools.jar is there, amongst
many others!

I've used wscompile with JDK 1.5 before, and this same buildfile works fine
on Windows. Oh and the same ant build file works fine with Eclipse (Eclipse
has a global entry for /usr/java/jdk1.5.0/lib/tools.jar

Am I doing something stupid?

Kevin Jones
http://kevinj.develop.com