users@jax-rpc.java.net

RE: Is Apache Axis required to deploy JAX-RPC application?.

From: Kevin Jones <kevinj_at_develop.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 13:10:45 +0100

You need to 'cook' the WAR file before deploying it to Tomcat using
wsdeploy.

You will also need to 'update' the Tomcat XML parser. TC uses the standard
Xerces, JWSDP 1.4 relies on Sun's version of Xerces. As a minimum you will
need to copy %JWSDP_HOME%\jaxp\lib\endorsed to
%TOMCAT_HOME%\common\endorsed. You could also run the jwsdpontomcat script
that's in %JWSDP_HOME%\jwsdp-shared\bin specifying the TC directory, but
that changes more than just the endorsed parser,

Kevin Jones
http://kevinj.develop.com