users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Is Apache Axis required to deploy JAX-RPC application?.

From: Merten Schumann <Merten.Schumann_at_asg.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 13:05:20 +0200

Hello,

found this thread regarding Tomcat and JAX-RPC web service and have a
question:

I've created a raw web service .war (just my classes, jaxrpc-ri.xml and
model.xml.gz) which is working when deployed to Sun App Server 8.0 and
IMB WebSphere 6.0. I created the model with wscompile from Sun's J2EE
1.4 RI.

Now I tried Tomcat (5.0.14). I copied the .war to <tomcat>\webapps. In
the console, I saw

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer install
INFO: Installing web application at context path /HelloService_raw from
URL file
:D:/work/soap/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.14/webapps/HelloService_raw

And nothing more, no error ...

My jaxrpc-ri.xml looks like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<webServices
    xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jax-rpc/ri/dd"
    version="1.0"
    targetNamespaceBase="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jax-rpc/wsi/wsdl"
    typeNamespaceBase="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jax-rpc/wsi/types"
    urlPatternBase="/ws">

        <endpoint
            name="DefaultEndpoint"
            displayName="HelloService Example"
            description="HelloService Example endpoint"
            interface="de.rochade.srap.ws.HelloService"
            implementation="de.rochade.srap.ws.HelloServiceImpl"
            model="/web-inf/model.xml.gz"/>

        <endpointMapping
            endpointName="DefaultEndpoint"
            urlPattern="/rums"/>
</webServices>

I tried to access the WSDL of my service by localhost:8080/ws/rums?WSDL
or localhost:8080/HelloService_raw?WSDL and all, but nothing happened. I
think in the created folder <tomcat>/webapps/HelloService_war just the
content from the .war has been extracted, no tie stuff or WSDL and all
has been created (as it happens when I deploy the beast to other app
servers). But I cannot use the cooked war (created with wsdeploy) since
it's Sun specific.

So, question is, can I deploy a raw JAX-RPC web service .war to Tomcat?
Or do I need this "Tomcat for JWSDP_1_4"?

Thank you!
   Merten