users@jax-rpc.java.net

RE: SOAPAction

From: Kevin Jones <kevinj_at_develop.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 19:42:21 -0000

I must admit I'm extrapolating from the SOAP spec and from the behaviour
of other toolkits. The header must be present (in SOAP 1.1) and the
value is specified in the WSDL. If it is not present I'd expect an
exception. I've also seen other toolkits throw exceptions when the
SOAPAction didn't match the specified value (which seems reasonable),
although that is probably because they use the value to route the
message.

> dispatch, therefore it is more forgiving. Generally, being
> more forgiving is a good thing.

In general I agree, and I can't think of a good argument for doing
otherwise, as I said it was an expectation after using other toolkits.

Kevin Jones
http://kevinj.develop.com