users@jax-rpc.java.net

RE: Auto-bindings to SOAPMessage?

From: Karr, David <David.Karr_at_wamu.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 13:32:03 -0800

Ok, I can see that SAAJ gives me a more direct API for building a
SOAPMessage. However, I'm trying to find something even more direct
than this. I have an XML string that represents a SOAP envelope. I
want to directly create a SOAPMessage object from that.

Looking in the jwsdp APIs, I see that the MessageFactory class has a
"createMessage()" method that takes an InputStream, along with some
MimeHeaders. It's not clear to me from the javadoc exactly what the
semantics are of the data in the stream. Is it assumed that the stream
contains the actual SOAP envelope, or does it assume the stream contains
the payload?