users@jax-rpc.java.net

Plugging JAXB into JAXRPC via the Extensible Type Mapping / Serialization Framework ?

From: Thomas Portmann <thomas.portmann_at_DB.COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:29:19 +0200

Hi,

I have an application with a JAXB-based XML binding, and I would like to use this binding in a JAXRPC-based client-server communication.

Could you please give me the following information:

   Is this possible?
   If this is possible: How can I convince the wscompile script to use my serialization classes, e.g. JAXRPC API based Serializer- and DeserializerFactories? (It ignores the <typeMappingRegistry> in my config.xml.)
   Can I use the wscompile at all? - Or have I to write the ties and stubs by myself?
   If I have to do so, where is the API to use / how can I deploy this? (It seems, this doesn't make any sense...)
   If the Extensible Type Mapping is not the right way to convince the JAXRPC RI to use JAXB, is there any way at all?

Thank you in advance for your help

Thomas