users@jax-rpc.java.net

JAXRPCServlet does not call super.init()

From: Tim Young <dh_jaxrpc_at_UGCS.NET>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 22:43:12 -0600

Hi,

I am looking at the source code for JAX-RPC 1.0 RI and I noticed (the hard way) that the JAXRPCServlet does not call super.init() in its init() method. That means that any servlet that extends it, won't get a properly initialized ServletContext. I thought that all servlets that extended HttpServlet were supposed to call super.init() ...

Do you happen to know if it's fixed in later versions and if so, what version? If not can someone please file a bug or if you tell me how, I will file one.

Thank you.

TY