users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: JAXRPCServlet does not call super.init()

From: Robert Lowe <rmlowe_at_RMLOWE.COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:59:56 +0800

Tim, which overloading of init are you referring to, the no-arg version or
the version that takes a ServletContext?

I believe that the no-arg version in HttpServlet is a no-op, so calling it
from a subclass achieves nothing--it's there only to be overriden. The
single-arg version is responsible for initializing the ServletContext. So
subclasses may *either* override the no-arg version, in which case there's
no need to invoke super.init(), *or* override the single-arg version, in
which case they should call the superclass version.