users@jax-rpc.java.net

List of needed Jars on the client side?

From: Benoit Lubek <blubek_at_ICOMINFO.FR>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 17:17:10 +0200

Hello,

We try to make a client application that will use JAX-RPC to communicate
with a server.
We didn't find anywhere in the documentation of the JAX-RPC RI, a list of
the minimum set of jars needed on the client side. Is there such a list
somewhere? Because right now the only way we found was to take all the jars
in the various Jwsdp directories, and eliminate them one by one until it
doesn't work anymore, which doesn't look like an elegant way of doing this.

Another question: our client application has to be "light". We find that the
needed jar "jaxrpc-ri.jar" weights alone 1,2MB. Is it possible to remove
some parts from this Jar to make it smaller? If so, what parts?

If not, what other possibilities do we have to use SOAP on a "light" client?

Thank you very much for your help.

B.LUBEK