users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: jaxm - rpc style...what for

From: Sang SHin <sang.shin_at_sun.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 10:43:15 -0500

Pedro Salazar wrote:
> Anne, thanks for your clarification.
>
> I thought JAXM was like a similar JMS service of messaging but in this
> case, through SOAP messages, and like that, I thought it was a
> specification requirement the reliability of delivering. But as you said
> it isn't.
>
> -- PS

Actually it depends on which profile the JAXM provider
is designed to support. And the profile (actually the
specification the profile implements) should specify
the requirements of various system level semantics such
as reliability and security. And JAXM provides a framework
in which various profiles can be plugged in. For example,
an ebXML Message Service profile should support various
reliability semantics including once and only once
reliability.

-Sang

> On Fri, 2003-04-04 at 16:07, Anne Thomas Manes wrote:
>
>>A JAXM provider doesn't necessarily provide guaranteed message delivery.
>>It's up to the provider to determine which services it provides. (it is
>>required to support one-way asynchronous messaging, but that's not the same
>>thing as guaranteed message delivery)
>>
>>And likewise, a JAX-RPC implementation can provide guaranteed message
>>delivery. Many JAX-RPC implementations support reliable message transports
>>(e.g., JMS). Meanwhile, OASIS WS-RM is defining standard SOAP extensions for
>>reliable messaging [1]. And BEA, IBM, Microsoft, and Tibco have also
>>published a set of SOAP extensions to support asynchronous messaging [2] and
>>message reliability [3]. Both of these specifications can work with JAX-RPC.
>>
>>[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=wsrm
>>[2] http://dev2dev.bea.com/technologies/webservices/ws-addressing.jsp
>>[3] http://dev2dev.bea.com/technologies/webservices/ws-reliablemessaging.jsp
>>
>>Anne

Sang Shin                       sang.shin_at_sun.com
Strategic Market Development    (781) 442-0531(Work)
Sun Microsystems, Inc.          (781) 993-1136(Fax)
http://www.plurb.com/webservices/index.html#Bio
http://www.plurb.com/misc/te/SangSchedule.html
(Life is worth living... with Passion!)