users@jax-rpc.java.net

HTTPS Authentication

From: Risto Reinpõld <Risto.Reinpold_at_MICROLINK.EE>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 13:55:11 +0200

Hello All,

I want to use HTTPS Client authentication, but I have no idea how can I obtain client's certificate at the servlet endpoint. The Web container stores certificates in ServletRequest with attribute "javax.servlet.request.X509Certificate", but ServletEndpointContext does not have methods to access the ServletRequest object. I could obtain the ServletRequest object by casting ServletEndpointContext to com.sun.xml.rpc.server.http.ServletEndpointContextImpl, but I do not want tie my code to one implementation. Does anybody have a better solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Risto Reinp?ld