users@jax-rpc.java.net

wsdeploy doesn't seem to work well with -classpath option

From: Vamsi Krishna <vamsi.b_at_sun.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:56:36 -0800

Hi there,

I am trying to build my deployable war using wsdeploy. My interface and
implementation classes depend on a few other jar files which i placed
under the WEB-INF\lib directory of the war file i created. Now when i
run wsdeploy -o deployable.war mywar.war i get ClassNotFound exceptions.
Does it mean wsdeploy cannot use any jar files placed in the WEB-INF\lib
directory of the war file?

b. Since that didn't seem to work, i removed the WEB-INF\lib directory
from my war file and tried to run using
wsdeploy -classpath dir1\jar1.jar;dir2\jar2.jar;dir3\jar3.jar -o
deployable.war mywar.war
It complained that only one input war is supported... i figured that
whenever the classpath contains multiple entries with semi-colons, it
should be placed in "double quotes". So this time i ran using
wsdeploy -classpath "dir1\jar1.jar;dir2\jar2.jar;dir3\jar3.jar" -o
deployable.war mywar.war
Now it complains that it can't create the directory
c:\temp\dir1\jar1.jar;dir2\jar2.jar;dir3\jar3.jar.

I am stuck. Can someone help me understand what's going on? How can i
build my deployable war when my interface/implementation depend on a few
external jar files?
Any quick help is greatly appreciated.

thanks a lot.
Vamsi.