users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Implementing class file on client side?

From: Hrishikesh Bhagwat <Hrishikesh.Bhagwat_at_XORIANT.COM>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 09:01:33 +0530

hi mischa,

Look at the whole process like this.

            1. you implement the service and generate the server side
artifacts including the WSDL.
            2. next you wait for any client to contact you. When a deal is
struck you pass on the WSDL,
                ,just the WSDL to him( or her). You DONT GIVE any
(client).jar file to him.
            3. The client looks into the WSDL ..... checks up the structure
of your Bean as mentioned
                in <Type> tag of the WSDL and codes his own version of the
bean class. This Bean class
                that he codes will be in his native language (say C++).
            4. Then he is expected to have a tool (NOT XRPCC but which
typically provide will be provided by some C++
                vendor ) that makes stubs in C++ from the WSDL he has.
            5. The actual client he codes (ie the business client) then uses
these stubs.

For more information about this you can go through a small tutorial that i
have
authored. I think it will clarify most of such doubts. Besides, the example
that
you would code while you go through the tutorial follows the above 5 steps
giving
you a complete feel of how the Server and the client can be coded
separately.

Hope that helps. here's the link

http://hrishikeshbhagwat.tripod.com/webservices/TableOfContents.html
<http://hrishikeshbhagwat.tripod.com/webservices/TableOfContents.html>