users@jax-rpc.java.net

Implementing class file on client side?

From: <yawningrascal_at_HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 13:28:29 -0600

Hi,
I tried the HelloWorld example in the JWSDP Tutorial and everything works fine. Then I looked into the client.jar file including the files generated by xrpcc. I don't understand why there's the HelloWorld.class file. Why do I need that on client side? I thougt I am just working on the stub.

If I use a Java Bean as return type or parameter, I need also the "real" class on client side.
Are there no stubs generated for such complex types - but what happens if I try to implement
the client side in C++? Is there a possibility to use a tool like xrpcc for C++ which produces stubs
out of my wsdl file (also for the used beans?).

thanx for any enlightenment,
Mischa