users@jax-rpc.java.net

Info Needed on JAXRPCServlet

From: Niket Phatak <niket_phatak_at_HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:58:16 -0700

My question(s) are really based on the functionality of JAXRPCServlet.

1. Do I need to use the JAXRPCServlet (the endpoint) that comes with jaxrpc-ri.jar in order to expose my session bean method as a webservice using jaxrpc?

2. If I do use it, how will it know how to call my session bean. Will it do JNDI ? How does it know what type of Java class, my web service implementation is written in (Remote Object/EJB/Regular Java Class).

3. When an HTTP request comes in with SOAP content to the JAXRPCServlet, is it responsible in calling the appropriate jaxrpc-api classes, so that the SOAP message gets parsed & the appropriate web service method is called with correct Java arguments. Or is that done by something else ?

A response to any or all of these questions will be appreciated.