users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Info Needed on JAXRPCServlet

From: Katz, Guy <Guy_Katz_at_ICOMVERSE.COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 13:50:01 +0200

1.if you chose jax-rpc to expose your service with. than the jaxrpc servlet
is a convinience servlet that encapsulates the service invocation process.
of course you can put another servlet instead but you will than have to
write some code that is allready writen for you in the RI.

2.well, i am not quite sure on this one. to bypass this, when you have a
bean that should be called to get a service,you can wrap it by coding your
remote interface and implementation regular class such that it makes the
call to the bean. so,a when the jaxrpc servlet is invoked it will pass the
method call to the regular class which delegates it to the ejb. i never
tried to bind the ejb itself as the implementation object so i cant really
answer this(i am not sure if thats possible)

3.without going to internal implementation issues, you are correct. the
jaxrpc servlet gets a soap message over http it examines it, takes all the
data it needs and than dispatches the method call to the service
implementation object to eventually return the response message.