users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Info Needed on JAXRPCServlet

From: Niket Phatak <niket_phatak_at_HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:59:19 -0700

Thanks for your response. I do have a follow up question.

Regarding making a bean as my implementation class, I did realize that I would have to wrap the call to my bean in another class which will be the actual web service deployed. But, since jaxrpc mentions that the deployed web service class needs to be a remote object (needs to extend java.rmi.Remote), wouldn't there be overhead in having 2 remote objects, i.e. the wrapper web service class plus the EJB object which is called by the web service class. Hence, I was wondering whether the 2 can be consolidated.