users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Use WSDL to call service DII

From: Arun Gupta <arun.gupta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 08:28:32 -0800

Hi Holly,

It is very much possible to invoke a service starting *only* from the
WSDL. Please refer to
http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/ea1/tutorial/doc/JAXRPCxrpcc3.html#64941
for the format of the config file required by the xrpcc compiler.

You may have to inspect your WSDL either manually, or using the
suggestions as given by other folks on the alias. Please refer to
http://swjscmail1.java.sun.com/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0203&L=jaxrpc-interest&F=&S=&P=2288
thread for more information on this.

Your client code remains as is except that starting from WSDL, your
stubs are pre-configured and thus there is no need to set the endpoint
explicitly.

Thanks for your interest in JAX-RPC.

Regards,
-Arun

Holly Schinsky wrote:

> Is it possible to dynamically call a service when the only info you have is from the WSDL? I want to find a web service, get it's WSDL doc and then call it - but I've found mixed information on whether this is currently possible or not. Does the WSDL have all the info I need in order to make the call this way?
>
> Does anyone know of any examples on how to do this?
>
> Thanks in advance,

There is only one me, I must live myself!
There is only one today, I must live itself!
http://members.tripod.com/~apgupta/index.html