users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: want to expose some methodes of JAX-RPC on J2EE

From: Arun Gupta <arun.gupta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 23:23:38 -0800

Hi Armond,

Thanks for letting us know.

However moving forward, since web services will be an integral part of
J2EE 1.4, you may not have to bundle all these jar files along with your
application.

Regards,
-Arun

Armond Avanes wrote:

> Hi Arun,
>
> Yes, I'm totally aware of that problem. You have to
> include bunch of libraries (maybe around 7-8MB) with
> your ".ear" file. A negative point! But it's server
> side and doesn't go to get distributed through net so
> not a big deal I think.
>
> Anyways, I've gone this way only with Websphere 4.0
> and it went all ok :-)
>
> Regards,
> Armond
>
> > Hi Armond,
> >
> > If you bundle the jar files within your war file
> (and this in ear file),
> > then all the JAX-RPC relevant classes get loaded
> from these jars. We've
> > tried that particular configuration and it works on
> J2EE 1.3.1 Reference
> > Implementation.
> >
> > However there is a caveat. Your war file (and thus
> ear file) will be
> > really big. And moreover we've not tried that
> particular configuration
> > with other J2EE servers. If you've tried on other
> J2EE-compatible
> > servers, do let us know.
> >
> > Thanks for your interest in JAX-RPC.
> >
> > Regards,
> > -Arun
> >
> > Armond Avanes wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Arun,
> > >
> > > Here some while ago I did the same but with some
> > > differences. The URL, you mentioned, was saying
> that
> > > you need to copy some jar files to
> > > %J2EE_HOME/lib/system. But it won't be fully
> portable
> > > and you can't just easily deploy your EAR file on
> any
> > > J2EE server. You need those jar files to copy
> every
> > > time you deploy on a new J2EE server.
> > >
> > > How about bundling those library files with EAR
> file
> > > itself (actually inside WAR file)? I've gone that
> way
> > > and it's working fine for me. I know it has its
> own
> > > pros and cons. You have to copy all those jars
> every
> > > time you deploy a new war/ear file.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Armond

There is only one me, I must live myself!
There is only one today, I must live itself!
http://members.tripod.com/~apgupta/index.html