users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: want to expose some methodes of JAX-RPC on J2EE

From: Armond Avanes <armond333_at_YAHOO.COM>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 22:51:48 -0800

Hi Arun,

Yes, I'm totally aware of that problem. You have to
include bunch of libraries (maybe around 7-8MB) with
your ".ear" file. A negative point! But it's server
side and doesn't go to get distributed through net so
not a big deal I think.

Anyways, I've gone this way only with Websphere 4.0
and it went all ok :-)

Regards,
Armond

> Hi Armond,
>
> If you bundle the jar files within your war file
(and this in ear file),
> then all the JAX-RPC relevant classes get loaded
from these jars. We've
> tried that particular configuration and it works on
J2EE 1.3.1 Reference
> Implementation.
>
> However there is a caveat. Your war file (and thus
ear file) will be
> really big. And moreover we've not tried that
particular configuration
> with other J2EE servers. If you've tried on other
J2EE-compatible
> servers, do let us know.
>
> Thanks for your interest in JAX-RPC.
>
> Regards,
> -Arun
>
> Armond Avanes wrote:
> >
> > Hi Arun,
> >
> > Here some while ago I did the same but with some
> > differences. The URL, you mentioned, was saying
that
> > you need to copy some jar files to
> > %J2EE_HOME/lib/system. But it won't be fully
portable
> > and you can't just easily deploy your EAR file on
any
> > J2EE server. You need those jar files to copy
every
> > time you deploy on a new J2EE server.
> >
> > How about bundling those library files with EAR
file
> > itself (actually inside WAR file)? I've gone that
way
> > and it's working fine for me. I know it has its
own
> > pros and cons. You have to copy all those jars
every