users@javaserverfaces-spec-public.java.net

[jsr344-experts mirror] Re: Let's get started on JSF 2.3

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 08:47:51 -0700

KM> Hello Ed,
KM> I'm glad to see this. I couldn't help but notice that it's somewhat vague
KM> -- is that intentional?

Yes, it is intentionally more open-ended.

KM> Also, I'm intrigued to see the dependency on Java
KM> SE 8. I didn't realize that was the target platform for Java EE 8. Is the
KM> plan to add Java 8 features to the existing APIs?

SE 8 is the requirement for EE8. JSF 2.3 will be the first release of
JSF where we abandon our long-standing policy of lagging one SE release
behind. We don't have any special mandate to add SE 8 features to
existing APIs, but if someone wants to suggest things, we're open to it.
For example, I've long wondered if Lambdas can be used for flow
definition.

KM> Also, in terms of potential features/changes, OmniFaces is a very good
KM> starting point for missing odds and ends.

Yes, it is. JSF community member Ryan de Laplante has submitted a
number of spec issues pointing to OmniFaces.

Ed