[jsr372-experts] Re: Status for Bauke

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 10:04:54 -0800

B> 1) I have done:

I'm reviewing these now.

B> 2) I am currently doing:
B> - Fix view state in cross form PRR, this is technically already finished
B> and fully working on Mojarra side with IT and all, except for one corner
B> case with render="@all", I will look at it this month:
B> https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-790

Of your many issues, this is the only one not marked CLOSED. What
remains on this one? It is referenced in the spec PDF document.

B> - There should be a ViewHandler#getWebsocketURL()

Yes, I see that. Thanks.

MR> And for 1) and 2) if there is going to be a need for any text in the
MR> Specification (the PDF document).

B> Frankly, I have no idea. I gather this job is up to the spec lead. As said,
B> a javadoc diff would be very helpful to see new and changed things for the
B> spec.

Actually this is why we have the changebars, and I really am glad to see
everyone following this burdensome practice. It really helps developers
see what's new.

You are right to point out that is the job of the spec lead, but if you
happen to know of something you added that does need to be addressed in
the spec PDF document, it would be great to have you volunteer that, as
an additional safety measure. As it is, you've already provided the
text for f:websocket out of band and I'm integrating that now.

Thanks,

Ed