[jsr372-experts] Re: [PROPOSAL] CDI integration for UIComponent instances in JSF 2.3

From: Leonardo Uribe <leonardo.uribe_at_irian.at>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 14:29:37 -0500

Hi

Thanks Ed for review this.

LU> In few words...

EB> Ahh, it's been far too long since I've seen a mail with your famous
EB> introduction "In few words..."! Thanks for spelling it out.

Jejeje. Someday I will learn to write short emails. Jejeje

EB>> I hope so too, but Manfred and I reserve judgement on this and other
EB>> features at this point.

Yes, of course. I understand the restrictions we have. I just work hoping
for the best, but I understand not all proposals should pass.

In my opinion, @ResolveComponent can live as an extension since the changes
in UIComponent were already done (remove final modifiers from methods).
Search Expression API is very mature at this point, it has been already
tested in PrimeFaces with good opinions, and it standarize something that
is loosely mentioned in the spec (JSF 2.2 section 14.2.2). Let's see what
happens.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe