[jsr372-experts] Re: [PROPOSAL] CDI integration for UIComponent instances in JSF 2.3

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 08:39:14 -0800

LU> Hi
LU> I have some good news to tell.

LU> After some attempts and using Arjan trick in Omnifaces, and based on the
LU> previous discussion I was able to code a consistent solution using a
LU> CDI centric approach. I made this example work:

[...]

LU> Hi Manfred
LU> Thanks for accept this change.

I need to remind you that this is not an acceptance of the change. It
is an acceptance to consider the change. We are pretty much in lockdown
mode, and this feature does look like it might have the potential to
destabilize. Nonetheless, here in JSF we have always been very open to
community contribution so I promise a good hearing.

[...]

LU> The other option is ask Thomas Andraschko to include this,
LU> since he is working to include Search Expression API, which is
LU> related to this issue (that algorithm resolves the expression
LU> in @ResolveComponent, so this is another use case for that API).

I reviewed Thomas's work on Monday and found it quite solid. He
responded to my request for revision on all the points. I will review
his further thanges today.

LU> @Thomas: have you already committed the changes proposed
LU> for Search Expression API in Mojarra or it is still work in
LU> progress?

No, it has not been committed, or even accepted to be committed. It's
still under review.

KM> Leonardo, this looks awesome. One question, though: what about wildcard /
KM> partial id matching? I'm surprised that is missing.

LU> The current proposal does not have it.

Let's leave that out of the current iteration.

LU> In few words...

Ahh, it's been far too long since I've seen a mail with your famous
introduction "In few words..."! Thanks for spelling it out.

[...]

LU> in Primefaces. But we need other examples to justify the "wildcard" case
LU> proposed by Bootsfaces, because what I have seen so far is @id(...) without
LU> wilcards is good enough. Maybe extend @id to receive multiple ids.

Yes, I'd like to leave wildcards out for now.

B> In spite of the comments, which are mainly quality and technical related,
B> the API itself looks good! Hopefully this will get into 2.3.

I hope so too, but Manfred and I reserve judgement on this and other
features at this point.

Thanks,

Ed