[jsr344-experts] Re: [947-RelativeResources] Jakob Korherr: please break my sample

From: Jakob Korherr <jakob.korherr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 00:40:03 +0100

Hi,

> Jakob, you made this simplifying assumption in your
> RelativeResourceHandler and I can't see how we can meet your
> requirements in the spec without doing the same.

That's true, Ed. When using suffix mapping it is not possible to
handle relative resources without the use of ValueExpressions (or
pre-processing of resource files --> see e.g. ICEfaces).

IMO it is the best to add this fact to the spec, but still keep the
opportunity to have #{resource['...']} ValueExpressions in resource
files for those who really need suffix mapping. All others should
switch to prefix mapping and avoid ValueExpressions for performance
reasons.

However, we also need to include all information that is necessary to
resolve a resource (library, locale, ...) in the resource path, as
request parameters also won't work (check the broken sample at
JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-947 and my RelativeResourceHandler for
details).

Regards,
Jakob

--