[jsr344-experts] [719-ViewIdToResourcePath] Suggestion: Use ResourceHandler

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 14:39:46 -0800

I had a 1:1 call with Kito today about this and the idea emerged to
expand the charter of ResourceHandler so that it can take over what we
have now as the Facelets ResourceResolver. The existing pluggability of
the ResourceHandler would satisfy the core requirement of
JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-719 as well as the resource-handling
requirements articulated by Kito in his 20110419 post to
JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-809.

I need to prototype this and see how it would work but I like the
ability to kill several birds with one stone from our existing API
rather than inventing new API.

Ed