[jsr344-experts] Re: [719-ViewIdToResourcePath] Suggestion: Use ResourceHandler

From: Neil Griffin <neil.griffin_at_portletfaces.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 13:21:11 -0500

This makes sense because the loading Facelet Composite Components already go through the ResourceHandler mechanism. It would make things more consistent to have Facelet View resources resolve/load the same way.

However this would have small impact to the Portlet Bridge spec. It has a feature where the developer can pass a path-mapped view path with a request parameter, and the bridge is supposed to check all the servlet mappings and then verify the existence of the resource by calling ExternalContext.getResource(String). I suppose it could call the ResourceHandler instead.