users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: [jsr366-experts] Simple rules to ease user (and other spec) life

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 11:59:19 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 11:45 AM, Antoine Sabot-Durand <
antoine_at_sabot-durand.net> wrote:

> [...]
>
> For instance today with CDI doc if someone ask a question about producer
> method I can easily answer by sending a link to the doc like this :
> http://docs.jboss.org/cdi/spec/1.2/cdi-spec.html#producer_method.
>
> IMO It would lower learning curve and ease adoption to have something
> similar for each other spec.
>
> What do you think ?

Would be great indeed. If I remember correctly this was discussed during
various EG meetups (e.g. I think at Devoxx 2 years ago). Part of the
problem was that the spec text is now in various formats, and who's going
to convert that to something else? Mojarra for instance uses the FrameMaker
format now.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms