users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] [jsr366-experts] Simple rules to ease user (and other spec) life

From: Antoine Sabot-Durand <antoine_at_sabot-durand.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 11:45:12 +0100

Hi all,

I was just wondering why we don’t have access to all Java EE specification online in a more browsable way than today. Wouldn’t be easier for end user and implementer to have a direct access to each specification doc on the web and be able to create a link to a specific part of a spec and thus ease cross link from a spec to an other.

For instance today with CDI doc if someone ask a question about producer method I can easily answer by sending a link to the doc like this : http://docs.jboss.org/cdi/spec/1.2/cdi-spec.html#producer_method.

IMO It would lower learning curve and ease adoption to have something similar for each other spec.

What do you think ?

Antoine Sabot-Durand
Twitter : @antoine_sd
CDI co-spec lead & eco-system development
Agorava tech lead