users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: bundle overriding

From: Markus Eisele <myfear_at_web.de>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 07:34:06 +0100

Hi Michael,

> Thanks for your feedback, and indeed for all of your active contributions to
> the group.

That is why I am here :) And honestly I'm addicted to Java EE ;)

> The point was to see if we could get a decent bang from an inexpensive buck.

A good approach. Very pragmatical. But I'm still not in favor for it.
Bottom line for me
is, that it will not change anything significantly.

> Providing me with references reminding me of my previous failed attempts to
> get some kind of modularity into EE were unnecessarily just turning the
> knife, however ;-)

Wasn't meant to be like this. Sorry. I'm a strong supporter of "having
modularity" in the platform.
But I don't want to see a minute spend on things that "only look like"
and don't truly change anything.

As I said, I believe it would be a good idea to start with kind of a
"draft requirement document" to collect all the ideas and wishes that
are around.
We could also put it on java.net and develop this further until we
finally reach the point when there is either time or SE modularization

WDYT?

Gruss