users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: bundle overriding

From: michael keith <michael.keith_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 09:32:01 -0500

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your feedback, and indeed for all of your active
contributions to the group.

The point was to see if we could get a decent bang from an inexpensive
buck. If we could make bridged improvements to the spec that made enough
people happy, and expend minimal effort, without conflicting with more
complete approaches planned for the future, then it would be a win.
However, if people don't think there is enough value in this, or for
other reasons don't see this as being a good thing, then we can
certainly follow the path of least resistance and not do anything in
this area until we get full modularity support underneath. (It's way
easier, after all.)

Providing me with references reminding me of my previous failed attempts
to get some kind of modularity into EE were unnecessarily just turning
the knife, however ;-)

-Mike