users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Fwd: Re: Minimal profile ?

From: Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 09:34:02 +0200

Exactly, we are working with EE. But what is EE ? A Spring-like application
running on Tomcat is using Servlets at a minimum, that's EE. I'm not saying
Tomcat is not a EE app server, I'm saying Tomcat is using a subset of EE
(such as Resin/TomEE is using a subset of EE that we called Web Profile).

When we created the Web Profile we changed the internal structure of
application servers. Since EE 6, app servers are not the same : they are
modular, they had to. If we create a Minimal Profile we could change the
history of EE and allow all sorts of applications to run on the same
application server (using different profile)

Antonio

--
Web site <http://www.antoniogoncalves.org> |
Twitter<http://twitter.com/agoncal>|