[jsr375-experts] Re: JSR 375 talk accepted by codemotion Tel Aviv

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 20:09:40 +0200

Looks like we'll get a chance to meet at JavaOne (also to see what to
highlight in my December talk) since the F2F travel was approved by the PMO.

At the first (and AFAIK only ever) ApacheCon Asia in Sri Lanka, the country
was still in a state of civil war. Machine gun posts every other mile and
taxi was scanned and searched from top to bottom. I remember, they tried to
blow up the Pakistani ambassador the day before my my flight arrived with a
car bomb. And last but not least the speaker's dinner gave us a first hand
view at mud marks about 3m above ground left by the Tsunami. A handful few
of speakers (I was there too briefly) personally met Arthur C Clarke who
lived on the island till his death. So we all got a mix of danger and
excitement back then;-)

CU
Werner