dev@grizzly.java.net

About TIME_WAIT remain

From: Bongjae Chang <carryel_at_korea.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 22:11:22 +0900

Hi,

When I tested my attached sample, I found that TIME_WAIT connection remained for a while on both Windows and Linux.

Test program is very simiple.

1. create a controller with a server TCPSelectorHandler.
2. create a new client socket and connect the server.
3. close the client socket and stop the controller.

I don't know why TIME_WAIT state remains though I close both the server and client cleanly.

I think you can also reproduce this in some Grizzly's unit test cases which use a TCPIOClient like BaseSelectionKeyHandlerTest.

This TIME_WAIT state may be meaningless because Grizzly sets setReuseAddress to be true.

But I am curious to know why TIME_WAIT state doesn't disappears fast.

Please advice me.

Thanks.

--
Bongjae Chang