dev@grizzly.java.net

Re: Blogs attack for 1.7.0?

From: Ken Cavanaugh <Ken.Cavanaugh_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:40:00 -0800

Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it might be a good idea to do a blog attack announcing 1.7.0 (which is
> our biggest release so far). What I would like to propose is all of us
> just blog about the release on Wednesday (giving a small tutorial, how
> the code works, how the community works, what's new, community
> increasing, etc.). For sure I will blog about it,but it might be good
> if we have more than one grizzlies making noise. I would think of:
>
> + Shing Wai: New cometd implementation
> + Alexey: Async Read/Write
> + Jeanfrancois: Jersey/DWR/IceFaces, general announcements
> + Harsha: IIOP implementation
> + Charlie: New tutorials, New projects (voiceIp stuff)
> + Ken: IIOP, or enforcing compatibility between release
> + Scott: New ProtocolParser API
> + Takai: JRuby
>
> Anybody else interested? Just a couple of lines is always good :-). We
> have tons of implementation we can talk about as well (Sailfin,
> RESTlet, Jersey, Jetty, GlassFish v3, etc.)
>
> All the blogger will get a beer/drinks next JavaOne :-) :-)

Sounds good. I'd like to link to the blog entries for the general
announcement (Jean-Francois)
and the IIOP implementation details (Harsha). I'll write a blog entry
about where this fits in
the CORBA roadmap (CORBA in GFv3, port unification (with a nod towards
resource management),
CORBA in JDK7).

Harsha, it would make sense for you to discuss (in your blog) about the
compatibility issue
you found, and emphasize our commitment to backward compatibility.

Please let me know what the URLs will be as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Ken.