users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish 2.2.2.v201205150955 and JSPs

From: Andy Stoneberg <stonebaj_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 08:41:22 -0400

I am working with the Glassfish jar included in the 4.2.2 SDK of Eclipse.
 I am trying to build a simple Plugin Project that renders some arbitrary
text on the screen using the standard 'c' taglib.

I get the following error:

PWC6181: File /javax/servlet/jsp/resources/web-jsptaglibrary_1_2.dtd not
found

I can resolve the issue by hacking the Glassfish MANIFEST.MF and adding an
Import-Package declaration for javax.servlet.jsp.resources. It seems the
MANIFEST imports everything from javax.servlet.jsp EXCEPT this package.

I would prefer to not used a hacked bundle if possible - can anyone explain
what I am doing wrong - or a better way to resolve this issue?

Thanks!

Andy