users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Http static file, compression and range header : non ...

From: Mo Maison <momaison_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 21:32:55 +0200

I've not found any solution with GlassFish (at least any
http compliant solution, as GF violates RFC in that case).

IIUC, the right way would be to use request header "TE: gzip" :
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.39
Unfortunately even apache it not able to handle this header
(not with default settings at least)

   M.