users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Http static file, compression and range header : non ...

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 13:00:22 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Mr Maison, I have been encountering the same problem as you have
outlined. I wonder have you been able to resolve your issues? I am making a
'Range' header request to an Apache server which has enforced GZIP
compression. It seems to compress the entire file I am requesting then return
the compressed data range according to the 'Range' header. This is not my
desired result. I would like the 'Range' to be taken from the uncompressed
data, then compressed and returned. Any help would be gratefully received.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'seamus_mulholland']