users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Sun Glassfish Enterprise Server 2.1.1 - can not start ...

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 03:34:22 -0600 (CST)

New findings. Starting node agent is not the primary problem. Starting is
failing due to inability to made initial synchronization of nodeagent (NA)
from domain administration server (DAS). I copied some files missed in
/config from /config, namely: domain.xml, admin-keyfile, cert8.db, key3.db,
secmode.db, login.conf. Then start-node-agent and voila! NA started. But,...
'access denied' error in NA's server.log is still there (with same error
trace):
[#|2013-02-22T14:12:34.646+0100|SEVERE|sun-appserver2.1.1|javax.ee.enterprise.system.nodeagent|_ThreadID=10;_ThreadName=main;|NAGT0030:There
was an unknown error while communi cating with Domain Administration Server
(DAS). The actual exception stack trace follows ...
(javax.management.MBeanPermission
com.sun.enterprise.ee.synchronization.Synchronization#-[com.sun.appserv:category=config,t
ype=synchronization] registerMBean) at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:374)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:549)
: I made some changes in DAS configuration. DAS's domain.xml was updated to
follow the changes. NA was restarted with '--syncinstances=true', but no
changes was made in NA's domain.xml. This lead me to conclusion -
synchronization is corrupted. I found excellent article about DAS, NA and SI
communication -
https://blogs.oracle.com/bloggerkedar/entry/how_das_communicates_with_node .
It contains explanation for DAS's communication. According to the article
mentioned above, master password is kind of very important in initial
start-agent-node sequence, when synchronization with DAS should happened. In
my configuration, no matter, if I started NA with --savemasterpassword or
wich master password specified during execution, the result is same "access
denied". Did I search on wrong place? Am I debugging wrong Glassfish v2
component? Any ideas are welcome.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'milos1av']