users@glassfish.java.net

JMS Performance Degraded With Cluster

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 15:57:47 -0500 (CDT)

Hello, I am seeing some strange performance problems with JMS and Glassfish
3x. I have a process that submits 100,000+ messages to the JMS broker. On a
single instance machine it can process about 4500 per minute. However, when I
take this process and run it on a 5 node cluster(5 equivalent machines as my
single instance) it can only process about 1000 per minute!? I was
anticipating it would be able to do about 5 times as much processing as my
single instance but that does not seem to be case at all. Is this expected? I
have tried several different broker settings Local-Conventional vs Local-HA
but there was no difference. I am wondering since it uses a Master Broker
(one of the nodes is the main broker) that with 5 nodes it is somehow causing
super contention over the broker resource or something like that. Let me know
any tweaking you think I can try, or thoughts in general on the issue.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'smithbr4']