users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Modular JSF with Glassfish

From: Jason Lee <jason.d.lee_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 16:31:29 -0600

I know it's frowned upon to push your own work like this, but I gave
this post some time, and no one else responded, so I hope that gives me
a pass. :P

I recently presented a few approaches to do something like this, which
you can find in the Java Tech Journal
(http://jaxenter.com/jax-magazine/JTJ-2012-06) or on my blog
(http://blogs.steeplesoft.com/2012/07/writing-pluggable-java-ee-applications-the-explanation/).
Same basic content, fwiw.

If I recall correctly, Adam Bien also addresses this in his book "Real
World Java EE Patterns-Rethinking Best Practices", which you can pick up
in Kindle format for only $10:
http://www.amazon.com/Real-World-Patterns-Rethinking-Practices-ebook/dp/B009ZQ9I62/ref=tmm_kin_title_0

I hope one of those helps. :)

On 11/16/2012 06:58 PM, forums_at_java.net wrote:
> Hello everybody, I have a huge problem. I'm trying to create a modular
> JSF
> app, like the plugin system in liferay, but less complex. My question is
> this: Can I load/unload dynamically a JAR file (module or plugin that
> will be
> used for my app) using JSF 2 and Glassfish? Any suggestion? I need use
> JSF
> (without osgi or spring). Thanks in advance...
>
> --
>
> [Message sent by forum member 'Lynx6']

Jason Lee
Principal Member of Technical Staff