users@glassfish.java.net

loadbalancer iPlanet auto apply config

From: Thomas CATTY <tcatty_at_3rdwaveconsult.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 16:46:29 +0100

Hello friends,

To better explain the issue about applying the changes in the
loadbalancer.xml file in iPlanet Webserver, Iıve attached a screenshot
showing the message appearing
on the screen (on the Web admin of iPlanet) when I create a loadbalancer
from the DAS and apply the changes, as with these commands :
(assuming 192.168.1.1 = LB iplanet and 192.168.1.2 = DAS glassfish, each of
the on a separate VM )

asadmin --host 192.168.1.2 --port 4848 --secure create-http-lb --devicehost
192.168.1.1 --deviceport 8082 --httpsrouting --target cluster1 cluster_lb
asadmin apply-http-lb-changes cluster_lb

The attachment is in french (sorry) but basically in a few words it is said
that the config file (loadbalancer.xml) has changed and Iım asked whether I
want them apply or not.
first line : i dont want and the LB wonıt work
second line : I approve the changes and then it works.

What I would like is : skip this step and that the config auto applies
without warnings. (Iıve tried to make a chmod 755 on the ³config² and
³config-store² folders on the LB but didnıt change anything)
Everything is well set up with SSL (export of s1as is done etc...) (thanks
to jtclingan videos on youtube ;-) )
The link seems OK between LB (192.168.1.1) and the DAS (192.168.1.2) but...

Anything to see with the fact they are virtualized ? - I really donıt think
-
(Œcause such a strange behavior also happens with my glassfish clusters on
SSH nodes when I want to check the health with ³asadamin validate-multicast²
: the instances donıt see each others ..
although the ping or others network commands work fine ...)

Thanks in advance guys !
I need to solve these unknown issues.

--
Thomas CATTY