users@glassfish.java.net

remote EJB client: org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost ignored?

From: Kristian Rink <kr_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 15:31:58 +0100

Folks;

been in for quite a tough ride until finally managing to get all things to
work right while building an EJB client supposed to connect to a running
remote Glassfish instance using maven. It hasn't really been fun and (to my
surprise) generated an application client of about 40 megs in size, but at
least it works.

Well. Mostly. Except for one thing: So far, it only manages to connect to my
Glassfish server running locally. While trying to run the client

java -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost=testbed -jar my-client.jar ,

the runtime seems to quietly ignore the ORBInitialHost parameter and, always
and forever, makes use of the service running on localhost. As soon as I shut
down my local domain, the command keeps waiting in my terminal forever, doing
nothing. No output, no error messages.

Hmm. Strange. Any explanations, or any way how to trace this down?
TIA and all the best,
Kristian