users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish 3.1.2 and loadbalancer iPlanet webserver

From: Thomas CATTY <tcatty_at_3rdwaveconsult.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 12:02:58 +0100

Hi Shreedhar,

Hope you¹re doing well ?

I)
About my last email (not this one below) I just inform you and the community
that I succeeded with the SSL certificate. It was not as trivial as with an
HTTP server (like Apache or Nginx)
to make the authentified certificate recognized.
In a word, one must first create a .p12 before merging with the keystore
Œcause the .key files created outside GF can¹t be sotred like that with the
java keytool
examples of commands you must use if you¹ve bought your certifcates to a CA
and want to import in GF (I assume you get the XXX.key (private key) XXX.crt
(generated one) et .XXX.pem (CA))

1. openssl pkcs12 -export -in XXX.crt -inkey XXX.key -out server.p12 -name
NameYouWant -CAfile XXX.pem -caname OtherNameYouWant
2. keytool -importkeystore -deststorepass YourPassword -destkeypass
YourPassword -destkeystore keystore.jks -srckeystore server.p12
-srcstoretype PKCS12 -srcstorepass YourPassword -alias NameYouWant

II)
Any ideas about the use of 2 Load balancers Iplanet Webserver ? balancing
from one to another if one fails !.... Would be so nice !

See you guys.
Cheers,