users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JMS Performance Degraded With Cluster

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 17:13:10 -0600 (CST)

Nigel, So I have went back and done some research and a bunch more testing
and here are my results. Single Instance Conventional Master Broker Local
Datastore throughput was about 27 messages/second 2 Node Cluster Conventional
Master Broker Local Datastore throughput was about *52* messages/second 2
Node Cluster Conventional Master Broker JDBC Datastore throughput was about
*20* messages/second 2 Node Clsuter HA JDBC Datastore throughput was about 20
messages/second I was expecting the JDBC brokers to be slower than a local
store but not 61% slower! Can you explain why a JDBC store is so much slower,
I know it is not bottle-necked on the database, the database is running on
enterprise SSD's and can handle thousands of inserts per second. Thanks,
Brody

--
[Message sent by forum member 'smithbr4']