users@glassfish.java.net

Is there some timeouts in Message Driven Bean in Glassfish?

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 02:25:53 -0500 (CDT)

I am using Glassfish. I need make some long operations that initiated by
Stand Alone Application Client. If I am using some of Session Beans such as
Stateless or Stateful Client will not wait for Server responce and Exception
will occur. So, I am send message to Message Driven Bean that executes some
long operation, for example report form, and puts result into Singleton,
after that daemon of Client connects to Server for several times and asks
Singleton about result of long operation, if result is Success Client makes
some things. My main question is: *Is there some timeouts in Message Driven
Bean in Glassfish?* I have heared that on other Application Servers there is
some timeoutes for container than manages Message Driven Bean. For example, I
have heared that for WebSphere timeout equals 120 seconds, for JBoss this
value could be user defined.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'Nikita4000']