users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Runnging application client as web start

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 07:22:10 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Tim, Thanks for your response. I hope you have an answer for me as things
are getting more unclear to me. So I describe my situation. My application is
now running with command line appclient -client... The problem was that I
remove the gf-client.jar library from netbeans development environment from
my project libraries and recompile my application and running with appclient
command line and works fine. Now my problem is running my client as web
start. First I explain you what steps I did and please correct me if I am
doing something wrong. -I compiled application client. The libary
gf-client.jar is not in my build path. Because My application is working in
this way as I run it with appclient commad line. -I go to glassfish
administration console and node applications click on button deploy and I
upload the application client .jar file and from drop list I select
application client and java web start check box is already checked and click
on ok. In this way I deploy my application client which I am not sure if it
is the right way. -When I go to glassfish folder on our unix machine I see
the client application on domain1 folder but when I open it I donot find the
the .jar file and I found only .class file. Also the Manifest.MF file do not
address the gf-client.jar file which is correct because I already remove it
from build path. Aso I see that there is new folder created
../glassfish/glassfish/domains/domain1/java-web-start/___system/s1as/glassfish/lib
which I have my gf-client.jar file there. So I try to launch the application
client from adminstration console I get an error. I have my ejb remote
interface on class path. Have no idea why client can not reach to my remote
beans. Although everything works with appclient command line. What I am doing
wrong?? By the way the error is different than previous one. I do not get any
invalid index error maybe because I remove gf-client.jar file from build path
in my development environment (netbeans). I appreciate if you look at once
again to error stack. java.lang.RuntimeException: Error launching or running
the application at
org.glassfish.appclient.client.JWSAppClientContainerMain.main(JWSAppClientContainerMain.java:144)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at
com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeApplication(Unknown Source) at
com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeMainClass(Unknown Source) at
com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Unknown Source) at
com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown
Source) Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException at
org.glassfish.appclient.client.JWSAppClientContainerMain$ClientRunner.run(JWSAppClientContainerMain.java:179)
at
org.glassfish.appclient.client.JWSAppClientContainerMain.main(JWSAppClientContainerMain.java:138)
... 9 more Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at
org.glassfish.appclient.client.acc.AppClientContainer.launch(AppClientContainer.java:438)
at
org.glassfish.appclient.client.AppClientFacade.launch(AppClientFacade.java:182)
at
org.glassfish.appclient.client.JWSAppClientContainerMain$ClientRunner.run(JWSAppClientContainerMain.java:169)
... 10 more Caused by: javax.naming.NamingException: Lookup failed for
'java:global/EnterpriseApplication2/EnterpriseApplication2-ejb/NewSessionBean'
in
SerialContext[myEnv={java.naming.factory.initial=com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialInitContextFactory,
java.naming.factory.state=com.sun.corba.ee.impl.presentation.rmi.JNDIStateFactoryImpl,
java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=com.sun.enterprise.naming} [Root exception is
javax.naming.NamingException: ejb ref resolution error for remote business
interfacesession.NewSessionBeanRemote [Root exception is
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: session.NewSessionBeanRemote]] at
com.sun.enterprise.naming.impl.SerialContext.lookup(SerialContext.java:518)
at
com.sun.enterprise.naming.impl.SerialContext.lookup(SerialContext.java:455)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source) at
javaapplication14.JavaApplication14.main(JavaApplication14.java:56) ... 17
more Caused by: javax.naming.NamingException: ejb ref resolution error for
remote business interfacesession.NewSessionBeanRemote [Root exception is
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: session.NewSessionBeanRemote] at
com.sun.ejb.EJBUtils.lookupRemote30BusinessObject(EJBUtils.java:433) at
com.sun.ejb.containers.RemoteBusinessObjectFactory.getObjectInstance(RemoteBusinessObjectFactory.java:75)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(Unknown Source) at
com.sun.enterprise.naming.impl.SerialContext.getObjectInstance(SerialContext.java:556)
at
com.sun.enterprise.naming.impl.SerialContext.lookup(SerialContext.java:514)
... 20 more Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
session.NewSessionBeanRemote at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at
java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) at
org.glassfish.appclient.client.acc.ACCClassLoader.findClassUnshadowed(ACCClassLoader.java:235)
at
org.glassfish.appclient.client.acc.ACCClassLoader.findClass(ACCClassLoader.java:215)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at
com.sun.ejb.EJBUtils.getBusinessIntfClassLoader(EJBUtils.java:687) at
com.sun.ejb.EJBUtils.loadGeneratedRemoteBusinessClasses(EJBUtils.java:462) at
com.sun.ejb.EJBUtils.lookupRemote30BusinessObject(EJBUtils.java:413) ... 24
more

--
[Message sent by forum member 'haleh']