users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Runnging application client as web start

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 15:09:10 -0500 (CDT)

Actually, I think you are making progress. The "invalid index" error is gone
from the Java Web Start launch, replaced by the inability to find
session.NewSessionBeanRemote. I noticed that this is a different class from
the one in the first stack traces you posted, so I guess this is a new
application you are testing with. The inability to find
session.NewSessionBeanRemote could happen if your application is packaged in
a way so that session.NewSessionBeanRemote is not accessible to the app
client module. The JAR containing that interface must be in the library
directory in the EAR (/lib by default) or the app client JAR's manifest
Class-Path must refer explicitly to the JAR which contains the remote
interface. The inability to find UserError looks like you might be trying to
launch a JAR other than the generated one downloaded during "deploy
--retrieve" or after "get-client-stubs." The UserError class is in the
gf-client.jar, so I'm very surprised it can't be found using the appclient
command. I cannot explain that one. - Tim

--
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn']