users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GRIZZLY0023: Interrupting idle Thread issue

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 03:15:00 -0500 (CDT)

After checking, it no longer floods the log with the message. On Friday one
of the four servers we applied the patch to became unresponsive during the
night. The patch has made a change, as there were only four instances of the
message, when before the log would have been flooded with them. We believe
there should be no long running proceses using the HTTP threads at the time
the servers are reporting it, as it is outside office hours. We do have at
least one scheduled task on a timer that runs around the time these messages
appear, but these tasks have been disabled in the past to check they were not
related to the failure. I have had a check of the log files around the
failure, and the failures last night and on friday night were all immediately
proceeded by the following line:
[#|2012-10-05T18:17:13.895+0100|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.resource.resourceadapter.com.sun.gjc.spi|_ThreadID=45;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|RAR5106
: AutoCommit based validation detected invalid connection. Set
resource-adapter log-level to FINE for exception stack trace|#]
[#|2012-10-05T18:36:11.415+0100|WARNING|glassfish3.1.2|com.sun.grizzly.config.GrizzlyServiceListener|_ThreadID=13;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|GRIZZLY0023:
Interrupting idle Thread: http-thread-pool-2030(4).|#] Generally it appears
the servers without this log statement continue to work, but this may just be
coincidence. I have only checked a random sample of working servers. Do you
think these could be related? Thanks, David

--
[Message sent by forum member 'DavidHutchison']