users@glassfish.java.net

Re: DAS port question

From: Tom Mueller <tom.mueller_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 10:57:50 -0500

The -asadmin-args argument when the domain is started is used if the
domain needs to be restarted, i.e., these are the arguments that were
passed in to asadmin when the domain was originally started (including
the default values for all of the arguments).

When the jx domain was started, it was probably started with:

asadmin start-domain jx

now the default value for the --port option for asadmin is 4848.
However, the start-domain command doesn't use that option because
start-domain is a local command (it runs in asadmin, not in the server).
So the 4848 is actually ignored. But the code that sets asadmin-args
doesn't know that, it just includes the values for all options.

Tom